I’m leveling up my cooking skills this weekend. I made some Canh Chua Cá. It means sour soup with fish.
You will need to go to an Asian store and buy these:
- Sour Soup Pack
- It contains all the veggies you need for your soup
- Tomatoes, Bean sprouts, okra, weird veggies, garlic, chili, and exotic herbs.
- Buy the precut steak looking ones.
- Tamarind or a pineapple
- Pepper, salt, sugar
- A stove, a giant pot, some oil, and cooking utensils
Now that you got all the ingredients you will need to go online and find instructions on how to cook properly (see the video link below). That’s what I did :P.
Below I will sum everything up briefly:
- With your pot add in oil and add in garlic, cook it until brown, then remove them
- Next add in a lot of water then mix with salt and sour ingredients (I used pineapple b/c I did not have tamarind). Bring it to a boil
- Add in the fish, leave for ten minutes and remove the fish to avoid overcooking
- Add in all the veggies except the herbs, bring to boil for few minutes
- Add in the fish again, bring to boil
- Add in the herbs.
- Now you are ready to eat….