I’m going to try and make some Banh Xeo (Vietnamese Crepe) next week.
It might come out all black but it’s worth a try!
Ingredients needed for Crepe Batter:
- Rice Flour
- White Sugar
- Ground Turmeric
- Coconut Milk
Ingredients to fill up with Crepe:
- Vegetable Oil
- Minced Shallot (Your probably wondering what this is : Small Onions)
- Fresh Shrimp (Peeled)
- Fish Sauce
- Mung Bean sprouts
- Lettuce Leaves
Time to get cooking and hope nothing explodes!
1. Cook the meat and fillings first in a nonstick skillet:
- Cook Garlic and Shallot first for 1-2minutes
- Then add shrimp for 3-4 minutes
- Add fish sauce and remove and save the contents in a bowl
2. Crepe making time:
- Assuming you made your batter already, you are now ready to cook the batter
- Clean your Skillet and adjust to medium heat
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into the skillet
- Swirl it to cover the bottom completely
- Then throw in your fillings!
- When you are ready, fold your crepe in half and remove it from the skillet.
After you are done cooking the crepe. You can place it inside a 200 degrees F preheated oven to keep warm or just eat as is.