I wanted to learn how to eat korean barbeque and I found some information that I would like to share.
Below you will find some useful tips that will aid you on your quest to eat 10 plates of all you can eat korean barbeque!
1. Grill : when you grill your food always keep an eye on it. Do not let it overcook and also don’t let it be undercooked. Turn it over if you start to notice it burning.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for a clean grill or someone to clean your grill when you switch between different meats.
3. Ask for tongs to turn the meat over.
4. When you eat your meat, make sure you wrap it up with lettuce
5. Ssamjang is brown sauce containing fermented bean paste and chile. It should be used along with your piece of cabbage or lettuce wrapped in meat.
6. Do not use brown sauce with the pork.
7. Keep on eye on other people’s drink. Other people will pour your own drink for you and it’s also your job to pour other people’s drink when it runs low.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment.
It’s easy to tell when your meat is burned but how can you tell when it’s ready to eat?
In this article, I will show you how to cook the Pla Sam Rod. The Pla Sam Rod is a pan fried fish with three flavored sauce on it.
If you can carry out protocols from your chemistry class then cooking should be a breeze for you!
Here are the ingredients that you are going to need in order to cook this fish. I’ll let you decide on how much of the ingredients you want to use. Trial and error, see what works best.
- Fillets. From a white fish, and make sure it’s firm.
- Some salt
- Some canola Oil
- Thai Chiles (Minced)
- Garlic (Minced)
- Bell peppers (diced, and remove the seeds too. Do Not Try to rub your eyes with it…)
- Onions (Diced)
- Tomatoes (Diced)
- Hot pepper sauce/Sweet Chili sauce
- Lime Juice
- Fish sauce
- Water, Fish stock (Chicken broth works too)
- Cilantro (Chopped)
Now that you have all the ingredients needed, follow the next few steps to prepare your fish:
- Cover your fish with a little bit of salt
- Turn on your frying pan and heat it up with oil
- Once the pan is hot, drop your fish in there for 5 minutes. Pan Fried**.
- When your fillet is cooked or firm, remove it and place it on a dish to serve.
- Remove leftover crumbs from the pan and then add in chile, garlic, peppers, and onions. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes. Make sure you stir it around so it doesn’t burn.
- Next add in your remaining ingredients, but don’t add in the cilantro yet. Wait one minute, then add in your broth/water and boil it. Once it’s boiled add half of your cilantro into the pan.
- Turn off the heat and now your sauce is ready.
- Pour your sauce on top of the fish and add the rest of the cilantro in.
Congratulations you just made some fancy food and saved 25$ :). That’s how much it cost to order fish at a restaurant. Cook it, bring it to school/work and impress your friends. They will tell you if it taste bad or good. Practice makes perfect so don’t give up!
** Pan Frying : What is that? It’s when you use a little bit of oil or fat to fry your food. Works best in a shallow pan. Use medium/high heat and then lower it to cook it slowly